Sunday, March 9, 2008

The story continues



When I last left off on our story we had just became man and wife, Mr & Mrs. Jason French. Walking back down the aisle holding on to you it felt like I was floating. I was so excited about our future and what we would do and see. After the ceremony we had a small reception in the church parlor. We had a beautiful cake and punch reception. It was great to celebrate being married to you. I don't remember a lot of the details except feeding your cake and having fun with you. I know they wanted to open gifts and I vaguely recall doing so. Before I knew it someone told us how late it was and it was time to head off for our wedding night.
I went ahead and changed out of my wedding dress at the church. Then we were headed out in the world for the first time as a married couple. We spent our wedding night in the Space Odyssey room at Fantasuites. We had a crazy room with a space capsule 10 sided bed and moon crater spa tub with a waterfall. It was a beautiful night being with you. I do have to admit it felt weird to be their with you knowing it was finally OK since for so long it was bad to be sleeping next to you. To finally being laying next to you and not worrying about getting in trouble for being their was exquisite. There is nothing as wonderful as lying in your arms and slowly drifting off to sleep feeling you next to me.
The next morning when I woke up I got to spend my first day as a French. At check out time we gave up our room and headed back to your parents house. We got to hang out with some of your family, everyone thought it would be fun to see the all the other cool rooms at our hotel so we headed out for the hotel tour with your family. Imagine my surprise when they took them on a tour of our exact room. I tried really hard to not be completely embarrassed. Later, we decided to go ahead and eat the top of our wedding cake since we would be in Hawaii for our first anniversary and there was no way to get the cake there. So we all enjoyed another slice of our yummy wedding cake. The next few nights we spent at a regular hotel room. Then before I knew it, it was time for you to leave and go to Hawaii to find us a place to live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you hun for all the wonderful memories. I love remembering the times we spent together. You truly are wonderful. I love you.