Wednesday, February 13, 2008

August 17, 1991 The begining of a whole new life


I woke up that morning to Jason standing in my room. I was confused, as he wasn't suppose to be there it was our wedding day. He kissed me and said he just wanted to check and see how I was feeling. I was surprised to say that I felt much better and was ready to be his wife. With that he left and our wedding day began for me.
First on my agenda was an appt at the hair salon. Got my hair done and got back to my house. The next thing I remember is walking in to the church. To start getting ready. I wasn't really nervous which surprised me. I was just ready to start my married life with my love. With being sick I hadn't really eaten much for a few days and all of a sudden I was starving. I told someone and I think my step-dad went and got me something to eat. I was so happy to see him come in with some food. After my quick lunch it suddenly seemed like everything was happening at once. I remember asking about Jason and all my girls were with me said they hadn't seen him but they had been with me. Then I wandered out in to the hall and saw Jason's dad. He looked at me and said Have you seen Jason? I can't find him or something like that. I wasn't sure if he was kidding me or freaking me out but I went with he is just kidding me and had faith that Jas was there somewhere. He wouldn't do that.
So I went back to getting ready. Since I was wearing lace hightop sneakers I had leggings and socks to wear under my dress. Which I think were much more comfy then panty hose every would have been. I am all about the comfort of things. I had both my Mom and Step-Mom helping me get dressed along with my two friends so I didn't have much to do. Then suddenly everything was done and I was ready to be married to the love of my life, my heart and soul, my Jason. We all went out in to the hall to wait for our time. Everyone was given there flowers and When I was handed mine they weren't exactly what I had ordered,they were pretty but I wanted a single big gardenia to be suspended by fishing line from the bouquet but what could you do I was about to walk down the aisle and that point I didn't really care what the flowers were as long as Jas was at the end of the aisle. The music started the girls started walking and then the flower girl. She walked dropping her flowers as she went but when she got to the end of the aisle she still had flowers so she turned and kept walking until she used all of her flowers.

Then it was my turn. I must have looked nervous but I didn't feel it but I remember my Dad patting my hand and then the doors opened and there was my Jas. He was standing there with the sweetest expression on his face and looked so wonderful in his tuxedo. The day had come and I was going to be marrying him. He would soon be my husband I couldn't believe all of my dreams were coming true. We walked down the aisle, my father and I, and stopped at the end. Jas was misty eyed and smiling. The minister asked Who gives this women and I believe he answered with her parents do and with that he put my hand in Jason's and we began. I don't remember the actually ceremony much. I just remember looking up at him and being totally entranced by him. I couldn't have been happier that moment in my life, this was all of my dreams coming true. We said our vows and exchanged rings. Even though I tried to put his ring on the wrong hand, he stopped me before I could mess it up. Then it was done we were married.

The minister said the words "You may now kiss your bride" Jason lifted my veil and placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed me so sweetly, paused said I love you, and kissed me again. It was amazing.
Then we turned and faced our friends and family and the minister said announced us as Mr. and Mrs. Jason French. Then we started our walk back down the aisle and in to our future. Together. Jason and I.

No comments: