Monday, February 11, 2008

The circus brought me a miracle.


I started my senior year of high school and things with Jason were getting better, I was seeing him more often but still not like I had hoped. Then in September we made plans to go to see Ringling Brothers circus together. I was so excited to go to the circus I loved clowns and it would be so great to go with him. He picked me up and gave me a card. It was a card that changed my life and made happier then I had been in a long time. In it he had written that he made the decision that we should be together and wanted us to be boyfriend and girlfriend. I could almost say it was worth the horrid summer for that moment but I am not so certain of that. I couldn't tell you a single thing about the circus that evening. I am not sure if I watched a single bit of it or just stared at him in disbelief. All my wishes and prayers had been answered and he was back with me. My heart was complete again.
I was a senior in high school and had the man of my dreams my life was going the way it was suppose to. Jason took me to homecoming dance that year. We had a blast, I loved being with him and showing everyone he was mine. He had a motorcycle and use to show up at school at the end of the day to pick me up. He would be wearing his leather jacket and helmet and sitting in the parking lot. He looked so mysterious waiting out there. I remember people asking me who he was as you couldn't see him through his helmet. I loved climbing on the back of his bike and riding out of that parking lot. It was the most freeing feeling. We would take the bike back to his parents house where we would trade it for his car and then he would take me home. My mom would have freaked if she knew we were riding the bike so we always went and got the car before he took me home.
I started writing to him in a little diary I had. I would write to him and then give him the book. He would write back in the book and we had this great little book of memories and thoughts we shared. It was fun to be able to read back over it and think about things we had shared.
We had some crazy fun times hanging out at the local park on the playground with our friends. Going to Movies 8 and watching cheap movies. Watching rented movies at my house or just hanging out with friends. It was an amazing time.
That Christmas I was going to Florida with my father and stepmother to visit my grandparents. I got my dad to agree to let Jason come with me so we got to spend some time on the beaches of Anna Maria Island and went to Disney World, Epcot and MGM studios. He loved the beaches and I love being with him. It felt if everything was just like it should be. We shared Christmas together in Florida that year and I really had hoped he would get me a ring but new it wasn't really going to happen but it doesn't stop a girl from dreaming. I loved him so much I wanted nothing more than to be with him forever.

No comments: