Monday, February 4, 2008

How I met the love of my life

When I was just 14 I was hanging out with a friend and her boyfriend. Her boyfriend needed a ride home and called one of his friends. The friend came to pick him up and as soon as I saw him something in my heart changed. I wanted to know him, talk to him, be with him. He was my Jason. Shortly after the first brief meeting my friend and her boyfriend wanted me to go on a double date with them and the Jason. I was just 14 and a freshman, the guy was a senior but I wanted to meet him so I agreed to go and convinced my mom to let me go. I was so very nervous when we left I could barely talk. He would talk to me and I would hardly be able to answer I was so nervous. I found out I was the only one who thought we were on a date when we stopped by his girlfriend's job. So then I was not only nervous but embarassed. After the visit to the girlfriends we wound up back at Jason's house to watch a movie. He kept offering me something to drink but I wouldn't take anything. He finally brought me a glass of crystal light and I made myself drink it. I would watch him when he wasn't looking but I was so intimidated I didn't know what to do. At the end of the "date" I spent the night with my friend and all I could think about was Jason. I knew he had a girlfriend so I decided I would be his friend and see what would happen. I wound up dating his friend, my friend's ex, so I got to be his friend via my boyfriend.

We wound up double dating with him and his girlfriend to the prom that year, and since both he and my boyfriend at the time were in Jazz band I saw him at shows and even got to attend his high school graduation. Over the summer we hung out a lot and even became friends ourselves. I loved being his friend we had so much fun together. I was thrilled with every moment we got to share. Eventually he decided to join the Army Reserves and headed out to basic training. I remember going out as a big group to say goodbye to him and he took everyone home before me. When we got to my house and stood in the driveway talking. I didn't want him to go, I wanted to stand their and talk to him forever. I was afraid he would forget me while he was gone and I was determined to not let that happen. I made him promise to write to me from basic and that I would write him back. Then he had to leave. I gave him a big hug and watched him drive away.

No comments: