Monday, February 11, 2008

I finished school and he leaves for school

In January 1991 I graduated from High school. I had enough credits to graduate at midterm and I left. I was ready to take on a new world but at the same time Jason decided he wanted to go to college at Vincennes so he left for school shortly after I graduated. He was about 2 hours away and came home when he could. I got a job being a nanny for a little boy named Jake and spent my time hanging out with my friends and watching Jake. Shortly after he went to school I borrowed my step dad's car and drove down to visit him in his dorm room. On the way down the heat in the car broke and by the time I arrived at the campus I was freezing cold, my feet were numb. I made it to his dorm room and we called my step dad to tell him. Then I hung out with my honey. Met his roommate, who I was not impressed with. Saw where he was living and got a tour of the campus. My Mom and step dad arrived and my visit was over but it was so nice to be with him. We wrote lots of letters and talked on the phone when we could. He came up to visit me when he had drill for the National Guard. Occasionally he even just came to visit me just becaused he missed me. He would just show up at the place I was babysitting and surprise me with dinner or something. Those were some of my favorite times.
In February he took me to the Valentine's dance for the high school. I was still able to attend even though I had graduated early. My parents' dog had had puppies and he loved them. I swear he is a dog whisper sometimes. Anyways one of the puppies picked him. In the picture this is us right before the Valentine's dance and the puppy was still a tiny blob in my hand. We named the pup Sniffles as she was always sniffing at you when you held her. Sniffles was so smitten with Jason she would climb out of her whelping box to get to him and once she figured that out she wouldn't stay in the box, so they put chicken wire around the box but they didn't hold her back long. Then we gated the door to the kitchen so she couldn't get out but she still figured out how to get over the gate. When he showed up I would go out to his car and she would follow me and jump in the backseat and come up between the two front seats and just sit next to him. They adored each other.
During one of his visits we were hanging out at the mall and started looking at rings. I showed him a ring I loved. It was a very light blue topaz ring with tiny diamonds on either side. I told him if he wanted to buy me a ring he could get me that ring. Then we went off looking at who knows what else. Some how we both knew our relationship was moving in a bigger better direction but we weren't sure what was going to happen exactly we just knew we loved each other and wanted to be together. I planned to join him at school in the fall and to see what would happen. We were dreaming of our future together and life was good.

No comments: