Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We're getting married in the morning.


The wedding was all planned. I flew back to Indiana to await my true love's return. I had to order the cake when I got back home from a local baker and our flowers were being handled by a local florist and friend of Jason's so I needed to go by her shop and give her the final details of what I wanted.
Then the day came my future husband was coming home. I was so nervous waiting for him at the airport. I couldn't believe he it was all for real that we would soon be married. Then he came off the plane and man was I glad to see him. He looked amazing, even better than I remembered. Then he took me in his arms and all was right with my world again. My baby was back and we were getting married in just a few days. We headed for home so he could see everyone and I wonder if my feet ever touched the ground the rest of the day I was so happy to be with him I felt like I was floating.
The state fair was going on Indiana so we headed down there a couple of days before our wedding. We went with a bunch of friends and one of them for some reason had gotten into a perfume fight before getting in the car with us. She stunk so bad she gave me a headache. We went and visited my favorite radio station at the fair and they played a song for us and dedicated it to us. We road some rides, I am sure one of them was the ferris wheel as I love those. It was a great way to celebrate our approaching wedding and have some fun.
Then it was almost our wedding day I felt horrible. I couldn't breathe and had a fever so two days before the wedding I am at the Dr's office and come to find out I have a sinus infection. I told the Dr I was getting married in a couple of days is there anything that I can and they gave me something super strong and I left hoping it would work.
The next day was the dress rehearsal. We had planned to do the rehearsal, get something to eat and then head to a skating rink to skate for awhile. However I still felt like C R A P so bad in fact that my face was swollen and I walked down the aisle at rehearsal with an ice pack on my face. After the rehearsal we all wound up back at my mom's house where I was trying to keep it together but I felt horrible. I think the medicine the Dr gave me was working to drain my sinuses because all of sudden I felt sick. I went running up the stairs so as not to make a scene and got sick. Unfortunately the little boy that was the ring bearer in the wedding was on the stairs or something and heard me get sick and went and told everyone. So much for not making scene. It was decided I would go to sleep and hope for better health in the morning even though I really wanted to hang out with all of them. But being better for my wedding was more important I realized so off to bed I went and everyone left. I laid in bed thinking my dreams are coming true, tomorrow I would be married to Jason. I couldn't believe it was real.

No comments: