Monday, February 11, 2008

Getting the ring



Well I knew he had a ring in layaway and it drove me crazy. So crazy in fact that I canceled a layaway for clothes that I had so I could get the money to get my ring. I didn't get enough to get my ring but it helped. Jason and I talked a lot about what we wanted to do. I thought we should still go to school in the fall but I refused to stay in the dorm. The stories I heard about Jason's roommate terrified me, and I didn't want any part of dorm life. I wanted to get an apartment with Jason and another friend or two. I told my Dad and he said no way I had to stay in the dorm. I refused and told him fine I won't go and we will get married instead. So that is how we came to marriage instead of college. Jason decided he would go active duty Army since he knew that we would be able to make it in the military. So he went and talked to recruiters and signed up for active duty.
He had inprocessing the day I got to walk for graduation. We were staying with my Dad and step mom at a nearby hotel. He had his recruiter pick him up there and he went out the door by 5 am. I took his car and went to graduation rehearsal and then met him back at the hotel before graduation night. We all went to graduation and then back to the hotel late that night. When we got back to the room he walks in and throws a bag in my lap and walks back out of the room and flops on the bed. I see the name on the bag and it is the jewelry store were the ring was. I jump up and chase after him and tell him no way is he going to sleep now. He gets up and puts the ring on my finger. Then said he was exhausted and was going to sleep. So I was officially engaged and he was sleeping. I imagine I laid awake looking at the ring for a long time, knowing it meant he would always be by my side. Even though it wasn't the exciting presentation like I had hoped for, like every girl dreams of, I was ecstatic to being marrying him, he was truly my dream come true.
The next evening my dad threw me a graduation dinner and party. Jason's parents came to my graduation dinner. I know they weren't thrilled that we were getting married but I was glad that they came to the party. We had a dj and got to dance and celebrate a whole lot more than my graduation from school I was going to be Mrs. Jason.

No comments: