Monday, February 4, 2008

Moving on~ Basic Training time


He was gone and I missed him so much. I still had my boyfriend but my heart ached for Jason. I watched the mail like a hawk for word from him and was beside myself when a letter finally came. We wrote so many letters and shared so much while he was gone. It was the most amazing time getting to know him.
It turned out his sister was in my science class at school and we became friends. It was strange to be friends with her and know how my heart ached for her brother. But some how we managed to be friends that summer. When the time came for Jason to go back from training his family planned a welcome home party. I was able to go over and help before the party and then when his parents pulled up and he got out of the car my heart skipped. He was gorgeous with his army man tan and muscles from all his workouts. I couldn't believe it was him. It was wonderful to see him again but even better to have him look down at me and smile, take me in his arms and give me a big hug. My heart was happy, Jason was home.


All of our letter writing made us even better friends and I couldn't be happier. We got to go hang out a lot. Going to movies or to play putt putt. In fact I think he still owes me for a bet we had for one of those putt putt games. We even worked together at a little local pizza place. He was the manager and I was one of the pizza prep people. It was so much fun working with him and getting to see him so often. I loved being his friend, I would have loved being his girlfriend but at least he was my friend and I was happy to have what I did.

No comments: